The Lunarpages control panel for the Quicksite plans is not difficult to understand. The Lunarpages control panel consists of three sections: stats, mail, and two main links that take you to your customer account page and the website editor. Under each area of the Lunarpages control panel, you will find other accessible information that is important for the control of your website.
In this area of the Lunarpages control panel you will find the following:
• Main domain which is the name you use with your Quicksite plan
• Home Directory refers to your location on the server. You do not usually need to know this, but since it also provides your user name, it’s good information to have.
• Disk Space usage shows you how much space you have used and the limit on your account.
• Monthly bandwidth transfer shows an estimate of the bandwidth you have currently used and the limit based on your Quicksite plan.
• The E-mail accounts sections shows how many e-mail accounts you have currently set up on your hosting account and how many you are permitted to set up.
• The auto responders area shows you how many auto responders are currently in use.
• The E-mail forwarders section provides you with the number of E-mail forwards you currently have in place on the Quicksite plan.
• The shared IP address shows you the IP address for the server you are using. This particular IP address is used by everyone who is hosted on the same server.
• This E-mail accounts link takes you to the management area of your E-mail account where you can manage any accounts that are connected to your domain.
• The Webmail link leads you to the area where you can access your e-mail account. This allows you to log into your account from any computer by logging into your account.
• The Box Trapper feature forces people who are not on your white list to answer a verification e-mail before they are allowed to send you mail. This feature protects your inbox from spam.
• Spam Assassin is a built in filtering system that tries to block spam messages based upon the content of the headers and body.
• Auto Responders are available for your use when you wish to automatically send a message to those who send email to an e-mail addressed associated with the Auto Responder.
• User level filtering allows you to manage filters for individual users. These filters are processed after filters on the main account.
• Account level filtering allows you to manage filters for any e-mail that is on your main account.
Although this is a limited control panel compared with those on the more advanced hosting plans, the Quicksite control panel still provides ease of use while still providing all of the features a user needs. Certainly you will find more advanced control panels on the other hosting plans, but this gives the user an idea what to expect with a Lunarpages hosting plan.
LunarPages Site Screenshot (http://www.lunarpages.com)